Friday, February 4, 2011

Little Things

It is so completely and utterly February. Everyone I know feels it. I feel it, Zach feels it, the kids feel it. There's a heaviness in my brain and in my step and I find myself fighting hibernation, struggling to find the right balance between quiet and activity. I am not fooled by the predictions of a certain rodent in Pennsylvania (Punxatawny Phil, you know who you are), six more weeks of winter would be an early spring this far North. That these six weeks coincide with my last six weeks of pregnancy will likely make them move even slower. We won't be out of the woods for a while.

So I'm biding my time, looking for the little things in life that bring contentment. I woke up this morning thinking I had overslept. It was brighter outside than my circadian clock believed it should be at 7AM, but 7AM it was. The light is returning. The sky was streaked with pink and it was clearly morning.

Zach was out the door and I had a full cup of coffee before anyone spoke to me. Bliss.

2 comments: