Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another Christmas Gift Completed


This set of napkins and pretty handmade (by someone else) soap is my Christmas gift for my friend Janelle. Janelle and I were best friends in our mid teens and then something stupid that neither of us remembers caused some sort of fight and we drifted apart. Over the last 6 months we've reconnected and it is so much fun to have her back in my life. As we' said after the first time we got together again, "it's just like old times except we're not nearly as screwed up." What can I say, high school was not kind to either of us.
I invited her over for coffee, with my mom's pretty German coffee set, of course, and gave her the present early. Her birthday is the week of Christmas, so I want to keep the birthday and Christmas gifts separate. I just love this pattern, and the soap turned out to match almost perfectly.

3 comments:

  1. That is a lovely, indulgent gift. I bet she adores it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I'm inspired to make a set like this for my friends too. What a great idea! How lovely to reconnect with an old friend.

    ReplyDelete