Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall Leaf Books

I made these last week as a way of dealing with Cheyenne and Isabella's daily "collection" of fall leaves brought in from outside. We did something similar to this in elementary school and I figured I could google the directions.

The books themselves were simple. I used scrapbooking paper as the cover and cut printer paper down to size for the pages.


The directions for leaf pressing can be found , but it essentially involves pressing the leaves between two sheets of wax paper.


Here's the final result. The girls and their friend were thrilled with these and I am thrilled to no longer have the leaf collection on the dining room table.


2 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love the ironing trick. I usually just have them in between sheets of waxed paper and then place a heavy book on top, but it takes sooooooo much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty memory book:)

    ReplyDelete