Friday, August 7, 2009

National Night Out

I am pleased to announce that my town won second place in our category for this year's national night out. We have always had a big turn-out, so I'm not surprised. It was a fun evening. James was passed around the whole night from neighbor to neighbor, so I actually had a chance to eat a meal in peace. It was lovely.

There was plenty of food, games for the kids, prizes, ice cream and swimming. The kids went home about 9PM, but I stayed out talking until well after 10:00.

Later that evening we got a chance to see our town's fire department in action as no fewer than two fire engines, four cop cars and three fire rescue vehicles rushed to change a neighbor's smoking light bulb, thus answering the age old question, "How many firefighter's does it take to change a light bulb." Oh well. At least we know we are safe if anything does ever happen around here.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! And I'm so happy to hear you were able to get in a meal and some conversation with the neighbors. What a great sense of community you must have. I bet the Fire Dept. led to some added excitement. ;-) Glad to hear everyone was safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do have a great sense of community. That's one of the things I like about this place. We have that small-town feel even though the city (Minneapolis) is so close I could walk there.

    ReplyDelete