Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day


I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! It was a quiet one around here, but a nice one.


The girls planted a flower for me in Sunday School and after church Zach bought us some Walleye Cookies to take on our picnic. Mother's Day Weekend is also fishing opener in Minnesota.

We went for a picnic to Minnehaha Falls park in Minneapolis. The original plan was to hike down to the bottom of the falls and further down the creek, but Bella had an accident and I hadn't brought extra clothes for her. I was a little disappointed at first, but on second thought I think it was God's way of saving me from myself. I am 8 months pregnant after all and the walk up and down the stairs to the bottom of the falls may have been more than I can realistically handle.

After a 3 hour nap (more proof I probably wasn't really up for hiking) Zach and the girls made me a candlelight dinner of macaroni and cheese and frozen chicken cordon bleu. It was a very sweet gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment