Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pickle Bucket Boat Races

OK, I thought this looked like fun when I saw the sign and thought I'd check it out online. I assumed that pickle bucket boats would be small toy boats made of pickle buckets. Not so my friends. The contest is to build actual, human carrying boats made of pickle buckets. How cool is that? There's a human powered boat race, a creativity race, a kids race, a 5-man team race, a battery powered boat race and a race for civic groups.

We are definitely attending this one! Hopefully in future years we can put together a team and participate. In my kooky circle of friends finding enough people for a pickle boat racing team won't be much of a challenge.

2 comments:

  1. No way!!! That is so totally awesome! I'm sending my hubby the link... this is sooooo up his ally! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it sound like fun! I think it would be fun to make a pickle bucket boat even if you don't have an official race to join. I hope your hubby has fun!

    ReplyDelete